SUPPORT THE CLUB NOW
– or fight builders later –
This Tuesday, March 24, the City Council will decide to approve or deny the Chevy Chase Country Club’s plans for renovation.
- Club owners want to enlarge the clubhouse and provide more amenities so it can survive economically
- Some canyon residents are concerned that a larger club with more activity will increase traffic and noise, that there should be more transparency in the process, and that more development may follow
- The Country Club owners have announced this is their final version of a rejuvenated club and they will not be able to continue their efforts if it is not approved.
- If Club property is sold, potential buyers so far have only been developers of single-family homes or condominiums.
- The CCEA has been consistent in its preference to retain the open space and beauty of a golf course/country club rather than an unknown alternative
The conclusion reached by the CCEA is that the plans presented by the owners of the Chevy Chase Country Club (“Club”) demonstrate a true and sincere effort to not only restore the Club’s structural and functional integrity, but their plans also aim to enhance the beauty and capability of the facility in a way that should greatly contribute to the benefit of the community. Their effort to understand and accommodate the recreational wishes of the people in the Canyon and surrounding areas is evident in the well thought-out scope of features and amenities to be offered, along with their emphatic desire to become a community center instead of limiting their focus on just being a private golf club. We believe the renovation of the Club as presented in this case is a winning proposition for Chevy Chase Canyon residents and the City of Glendale and therefore support the good faith efforts put forth by the owners and urge support by the City for its passage.
Board of Directors
Chevy Chase Estates Association
This is what we have and wish to preserve…
It’s Your Canyon, You Have a Choice to Make
Express your choice to encourage City Council to approve or deny:
1. Attend the meeting at City Hall on Tuesday, March 24, 6:00 PM (fill out a speaker card when you get there), or,
2. Email the City Clerk and Council members with your preference and include your name and address.
|City Clerk||Ardy Kassakhianemail@example.com|
|Council Member||Paula Devinefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Council Member||Laura Friedmanemail@example.com|
|Council Member||Ara Najarianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Council Member||Dave Weaveremail@example.com|