Deputy Fire Chief Robert Doyle with a Message to Chevy Chase Canyon
What Canyon residents can do BEFORE our next FIRE:
- Fireproof your home. Brush clearance, fire retardant landscaping, fire proof roofs, watch the video below.
- Know evacuation routes for Chevy Chase Canyon – Ensure that your family is familiar with all possible evacuation routes.
- If you have a home bound relative, and you are away from home during an evacuation call 911 to have that patient evacuated by emergency personnel.
- Prepare an evacuation list of items to take and where they are in the case of an evacuation,(e.g., medication)
- Video-tape with narration everything of value in your home for insurance purposes and for your personal records.
- Cloud Storage. Cloud storage for securing important documents, photos, calendars, contacts, and more. Also, consider scanning critical documents that can be carried on a tiny thumb drive on your key chain.
- Planned meeting spot. Have a preplanned place for family members to meet if all communication is down.
- Official communication updates. The City of Glendale’s official twitter, @MyGlendale,
the city’s website and Facebook Page, Glendale TV-6, and CCEA emergency email alerts.
- SIGN UP WITH ALL THE LINKS BELOW – WATCH THE THREE VIDEOS BELOW
Critical and Important links, Click and Sign Up
- CCEA email news and emergency alerts!
- Glendale “Reverse 911” Don’t forget to add your cell phone, get emergency notification when away.
- Glendale Police Department emergency email notification.
- Follow Glendale on Twitter.
- City of Glendale’s homepage.
- City of Glendale on Facebook.
- Neighbors of Chevy Chase Neighbors on Facebook.
- Next door.com
Humorous, smart, and tons of great tips from a JPL “rocket scientist”…
Click to read – “Evacuation and Preparedness – a Personal Story By Leigh Torgerson, co-President Chevy Chase Estates Association”
MUST WATCH VIDEOS
Give your home a fighting chance in a wildfire!